Insulated Glass is a type of tempered glass. It resists you from thermal and chemical temperature.Insulated glass or “double-pane” glass can be used in both household purpose and business construction. It is compulsory by architecture codes in many ranges as a obligatory energy maintenance quota. And it really makes sense cause of single pane glass has essentially NO insulating value. Bear Glass Insulating Glass (IG) units are airtightsealed combinations of two or more lites of glass separated by a dry airspace. Insulated glass units improve thermal performance, significantly reducing heating and air conditioning costs. IG units also reduce interior condensation in cold climates.
3/4″ and with airspace thicknesses ranging from 3/16″ to Insulated glass or “double-pane” glass can be found in both residential and business construction. It is required by building codes in many areas as a mandatory energy conservation measure. And it really makes sense because single pane glass has virtually NO insulating value. Bear Glass Insulating Glass (IG) units are hermetically sealed combinations of two or more lites of glass separated by a dry airspace. Insulated glass units improve thermal performance, significantly reducing heating and air conditioning costs. IG units also reduce interior condensation in cold climates.
Prosperity of Insulated Glass
There are many welfare of using insulated window and door products in your residence and work place too. They not only lower one's energy costs, but also effective in reducing unwanted sound transmission too.
- Insulated Glass can resists thermal and chemical heat.
- Insulated glass is a high protection tempered glass.
- This is used to reduces heat of daylight in summer time. The glass wall, furniture etc. absorbed heat.
- By using window and door products with a low solar heat gain coefficient, the solar radiation coming into one's home is decreased.
- Can be applied in both residential and commercial purpose.
- It is also a decorating glass.
- furthermore, during the winter seasons, insulated products create warmer domestic glass surfaces, reducing frost and contraction from forming.
- Window glass selection influences the type and intensity of ultraviolet (UV) rays, which causes fading and degradation.
Key Performance Requirements
- Thermal Insulation: The principal logic for using IGUs is to cut down on thermal heat coming from outside. Thermal insulation initially depends upon the dryness of the air inside the IGU, as well as the quality of the hermetic seal.
- Working Principle: It works on the basis of reducing navigation and transmission heat transfer across the unit.
Dry air is a poor conductor of heat. Due to the air-gap, the conducted heat through glass is reduced significantly as it reaches the second pane.
- Structural Strength: Insulated Glass Units(IGU) are consistently exceedingly heavy. For example a Additionally in certain applications like structural glazing, IGUs often act as structural members of the building.
It is paramount that the strength (direct and shear strength) of IGUs is maintained. This strength is primarily a function of the type of spacers, number of spacer joints, type of spacer joints (corner joints Vs side joints), type & quality of the secondary sealant, and adequate quantity of the secondary sealant .
IGU's provide better protection against fogging than a single pane of glass. However, IGU's made without proper quality control, poor desiccant filling practices, inadequate quantities or incorrect type of desiccants, or a poor hermetic seal are more prone to fogging.
Properties of Insulated Glass
- Description: Double or Triple pane Insulated glass units separated by aluminum spacers
- Spacer Thickness: 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 24mm available in stock. Thicker spacers made on special order
- Spacer Bending: Full automatic, Single piece assembly with one side joint, Corner key assembly available (not recommended)
- Desiccant Filling: Full automatic. No contact of desiccant with ambient air
- Desiccants type: Molecular sieve IV
- Environment: Enclosed air-conditioned. £ 24 ° C temperature. £ 62% Relative humidity
Polyurethane, Poly sulphide, and/or Silicone based from reputed manufacturers.
In service temperature range -30 ° C to 80 ° C
Short exposure (up to 1 hour) 100 ° C to160 ° C